Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: Lowden, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
Service Assistant Job Function:
Supports the service department by preparing equipment for delivery/pickup, sale, or demonstration purposes. Transports equipment for delivery or pickup. Responsible for grounds maintenance.
Service Assistant Essential Duties:
- Responsible for cleaning the inside and outside of all equipment in preparation for delivery/pickup, sale, or demonstration purposes.
- Assists Service Specialists with setup of equipment and repairs.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance including mowing, snow removal, snow shoveling, etc.
- Picks up and delivers equipment, parts and supplies for customers and between store locations.
- Maintains records of pick up and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts.
- Maintains assigned trucks and related equipment in good repair.
- Moves equipment on display as requested.
- Cleans shop area and wash bay area.
Service Assistant Additional Responsibilities:
Other responsibilities as assigned.
Service Assistant Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have valid driver license.
- Must have driving record well enough for insurance purposes.
- Knowledge of basic equipment maintenance preferred.
- Basic ability to operate vehicles, tools and equipment used within the dealership.
- Basic ability to assemble machinery components and to follow manufacturer’s pre-delivery instructions.
- Ability to communicate, work and get along with well with others.
- Ability to work independently and to get the job completed within the time allotted.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Service Assistant Education:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Service Assistant Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a maximum of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of various items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, turn, reach, push, pull, lift and bend.
- Must have good eye, hand and foot coordination for operating equipment.
- Must have good eye sight (20/20 or corrected to such).
- Must have good hearing - well enough for safety purposes.
Service Assistant Working Conditions:
- Must be able to adapt to climate changes - hot summers/cold winters, humidity changes, rain, snow, etc.
- Environment conditions may be dusty, dirty, wet, etc.
Service Assistant Hazards:
- Exhaust fumes from equipment in enclosed areas.
- Noise level from equipment can be high.
- Agricultural Chemicals will require the use of safety/protective equipment
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!