Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: Hiawatha, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
Responsible for parts operations within the store location to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Provide leadership to the parts department, attract and retain outstanding talent, and effectively engage department personnel.
- Develops and maintains effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Assists with counter sales to support customer needs.
- Maintains all departmental tools and equipment in good working order.
- Ensure all parts warranty and return claims are submitted within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals.
- Leads by sharing best practices that fosters improvement of the Parts Department.
- Schedule parts personnel for store hour and on call coverage.
- Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire, develop and retain key talent.
- Responsible for the safety of the parts department in alignment with company safety policies. Conducts safety training, reviews safety related incidents and implements corrective actions.
- Develop parts personnel training paths in conjunction with the Assistant Parts Manager by evaluating abilities and scheduling the appropriate classes or learning modules to minimize disruption of department work flow.
- Communicates and holds parts personnel for the location responsible to understand policies, procedures, and department goals.
- Establishes parts personnel goals, provides feedback, rewards performance, and addresses performance issues in alignment with strategic parts department direction provided by the General Parts Manager and Assistant Parts Manager.
- Engages team to participate and promote customer seminars, field days and related events.
- Works with Store Manager and other team members to create and implement a perpetual marketing plan that grows parts sales and addresses seasonality of work load.
- Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 or more years experience in managing a department.
- Understanding of financial principles relative to department operations.
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications and internet functions.
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, one-on-one and within a group.
- Must have good leadership skills.
- Ability to work well with other people.
- Must be well organized and accurate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- Must have good hearing and sight – well enough for safety purposes.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 50lbs regularly
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!