Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: DeWitt, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
Performs duties related to in-store customer service. Responsible for all aspects of parts inventory including stocking, receiving, sale, and cycle counts.
Parts Specialist Essential Duties:
- Communicates with customer to determine needs regarding parts.
- Research and identify the parts needed by customers through utilization of the computer inventory system.
- Process the sale of parts.
- Performs daily opening/closing procedures regarding cash payments.
- Verifies receipting-in of shipments and assists with placing Machine Down and Stock Orders in their proper inventory locations.
- Supplies Service Technicians with parts as required.
- Transfers parts between locations utilizing the computer system.
- Responsible for opening/closing the store.
- Answers the phone and helps customers calling into the store.
- Performs cycle counts upon direction from Parts Lead.
- Assists with preparing and maintaining merchandise displays.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks for the showroom as well as the warehouse.
- Maintains condition of tools and equipment for the department including pallet jacks, hose machine, etc.
- Promotes a safe working environment and completes safety training as required.
- Improves product knowledge and supports parts sales through completion of training courses.
Parts Specialist Skills & Qualifications:
- At least 1 year experience in parts department operations preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Parts Specialist Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Parts Specialist Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a maximum of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of various items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, turn, reach, push, pull, lift and bend.
- Must have good eye, hand and foot coordination for operating equipment.
- Must have good eye sight (20/20 or corrected to such).
- Must have good hearing - well enough for safety purposes.
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!