Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: Lowden, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
PLEASE FORWARD A RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Precision Ag Specialist Job Function:
Provides agronomic solutions and support for the sale and use of John Deere Agriculture Management Solutions (AMS) equipment. Works with all dealership departments to sell and support precision farming products to producers in their trade area.
Precision Ag Specialist Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides superior technical support and customer service to growers and dealer employees via all forms of communication.
- Diagnoses precision hardware and software on products offered through the dealership.
- Coordinates and conducts effective product events, clinics, demonstrations and training to growers, dealer employees, or other interested parties.
- Completes paperwork in a timely manner and follows the set procedure for filing the paperwork with the appropriate team members.
- Collects information and assists customers in the adaptation of new or existing systems and components to be used in non-factory applications but adhering to company safety policies.
- Ensures all points of sale have an appropriate level of product knowledge, positioning, sales & service skills, etc. to be effective in their roles.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with customers, key industry/market influencers, John Deere partners and teammates.
- Gets results by taking initiative, overcoming obstacles & finding creative solutions.
- Coordinates the execution of the dealership’s Integrated Solutions strategy (Machine Optimization, -Logistics Optimization, and Ag Decision Support)
- Develops and executes the plan to ensure ongoing AMS mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership.
Precision Ag Specialist Skills & Qualifications:
- 1+ years’ experience in an agriculture-related role.
- Must have a driving record that meets insurance requirements and proof of insurance.
- Knowledge of database software and computer application systems.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be extremely adaptable and forward-looking on all things Precision Ag.
- Experience using standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, individually and within groups.
- Experience providing technical training is necessary.
- Must be able to sell, negotiate, influence, resolve conflict, and handle objections.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
Precision Ag Specialist Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Agronomy, Ag Business, or Ag Mechanization, or equivalent experience required.
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!