Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: Maquoketa, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
Supports the service department by preparing equipment for delivery/pickup, sale, or demonstration purposes. Transports equipment for delivery or pickup. Responsible for grounds maintenance.
Service Assistant Essential Duties:
- Responsible for cleaning the inside and outside of all equipment in preparation for delivery/pickup, sale, or demonstration purposes.
- Assists Service Specialists with setup of equipment and repairs.
- Responsible for grounds maintenance including mowing, snow removal, snow shoveling, etc.
- Picks up and delivers equipment, parts and supplies for customers and between store locations.
- Maintains records of pick up and deliveries and obtains necessary signatures and receipts.
- Maintains assigned trucks and related equipment in good repair.
- Moves equipment on display as requested.
- Cleans shop area and wash bay area.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Service Assistant Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have valid D2 CDL driver license.
- Must have driving record well enough for insurance purposes.
- Knowledge of basic equipment maintenance preferred.
- Basic ability to operate vehicles, tools and equipment used within the dealership.
- Basic ability to assemble machinery components and to follow manufacturer’s pre-delivery instructions.
- Ability to communicate, work and get along with well with others.
- Ability to work independently and to get the job completed within the time allotted.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
Service Assistant Education Requirements:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Service Assistant Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a maximum of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of various items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, turn, reach, push, pull, lift and bend.
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!