Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career with P&K! If you have any questions, please feel free to email HR Manager, Karen Swinton.
Location: Sumner, IA
Type of Employment: Full time
Independently performs basic/complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment.
Service Technician Essential Duties:
- Performs basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment diagnostics and determines what repairs are needed, if required.
- Utilize the Dealer Technical Assistance Center (DTAC), follow up on cases created, and utilize solutions.
- Performs basic/complex agricultural equipment/outdoor power equipment repairs as requested by the Service Lead.
- Participates in all job-related training and development.
- Completes all information required on work orders including providing detailed documentation of work performed.
- Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
Service Technician Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of outdoor power equipment/agricultural equipment.
- Outstanding knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of computer operation and computer based diagnostics.
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Good skills in operating vehicles.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must have a valid license and driving record acceptable for insurance.
Service Technician Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree in John Deere Ag Tech or related 2 year degree and/or 2 years of relevant work experience preferred.
Service Technician Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift and/or transfer a maximum of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of various items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to twist, turn, reach, push, pull, lift and bend.
- Must have good eye, hand and foot coordination for operating equipment.
- Must have good eye sight (20/20 or corrected to such).
- Must have good hearing - well enough for safety purposes.
Service Technician Working Conditions:
- Must be able to adapt to climate changes - hot summers/cold winters, humidity changes, rain, snow, etc.
- Environment conditions may be dusty, dirty, wet, etc.
PROUD TO BE EASTERN IOWA'S LOCAL JOHN DEERE EXPERTS.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and thank you for your interest in joining the P&K team!